If you host your web site on your own server (virtual or dedicated) and you want to redirect your main domain then this is what you should do:
(Assuming you are using Windows Server 2008, IIS 7.5)
1-) First check if “Http Redirection” service is installed:
- Open up the “Server Manager”.
- Go to “Roles -> Web Server (IIS)”.
- Scroll down to “Role Services” section.
- Check status for “Http Redirection”.
- If Http Redirection is not installed click “Add Role Services” on the right.
- Install Http Redirection service.
- Restart IIS Manager.
2-) Then do the following:
- Click on the site name you want to redirect and double-click “Http Redirect” on the right.
- Select “Redirect requests to this destination”.
- Enter the domain that you want to redirect to.
- Select type of redirection (301, 302 etc.)
- Click “Apply”.
Note: If you write the redirection address without “http://” (like subdomain.domain.com) it will redirect to domain.com/subdomain.domain.com, if you write the redirection address with “http://” ( like http://subdomain.domain.com) it will redirect to subdomain.domain.com.
Now your site should be redirecting.
Hope this helps someone.